Hi, thanks for stopping by and reading my Transcom Work At Home Review.
Since you’re checking out a work-at-home opportunity, I think I know why you’re here 🙂
You may be unemployed or simply looking for work in your own home, away from the typical office scenario. I get it – it’s not always fun to go to work every day and deal with traffic, annoying people, a boss who doesn't treat you fairly...
But you need money, right? A stable income to live decently. Can a Transcom work at home job provide it?
Online jobs are now considered a practical way of working – and for many, it’s less stressful. You can work from home because there are a lot of online jobs and opportunities out there. The key is finding one that's legit.
For this Transcom Work at Home review, I’m going to talk about who they are, how it works, how you can find a job there and of course... whether they're legit or a scam.
Here are the topics I’m going to cover:
- What is Transcom Work At Home?
- Is Transcom Work At Home a Scam?
- How Does Transcom Worldwide Work?
- Reviews and Complaints
- What I Like About Transcom Work At Home
- What I Don’t Like About It
- Where Do You Go From Here?
Please note, I am not a member or an affiliate for Transcom Work At Home. This review has been researched with information and/or testimonials that are available online in the public domain. Any recommendations and/or conclusions are strictly opinions and may not apply to, or agree with, all persons or situations. See full disclaimer for more info
What Is Transcom Work At Home?
Transcom Work At Home is a global company that hires people to work from their homes (job positions are usually for call center agents, but not always).
You will be hired as an employee of Transcom, but your actual work will depend on their clients’ needs.
To get a better picture of the whole setup, just think of it as a regular call center job. But instead of working in a typical office scenario, you’ll be working from home.
Having said that, keep in mind this is not your typical work at home job. At least not like some might imagine. While you can work in your pajamas, you’ll be required to provide a real office environment for your work.
I’ll talk more about the requirements and application process in a moment…
Is Transcom Work At Home a Scam?
Transcom Worldwide is a reputable company who has been in operation for many years now.
While there are complaints and bad reviews about the company (what company doesn't have a few complaints and bad reviews), they’re not a scam. In fact, they are one of the good guys. A legit provider of work at home opportunities.
How Does Transcom Work At Home Work?
In this section of my review, I'm going to guide you through how you can find and apply for Transcom Work At Home jobs.
Transcom Wordldwide Application
Here are the steps to finding and applying for a job at Transcom:
1. Go to their official website and search for available jobs on their Career page (you’ll see all available positions in your area there). Unfortunately at the time of this writing, if you're looking for work from Canada, there are no available job posts.
2. You can also follow their Facebook and Instagram accounts to easily see their job postings.
3. Like a regular job board, if you find a position you’re interested in, click on it to see the full job description and apply if it matches your qualifications and interests you.
4. Clicking on the Apply button will bring you to the site’s online application page – and there, you just need to fill in all the information required as well as send your resume together with your application form.
Some things to remember regarding your application are:
- While your initial application can be done through your smartphone, you need to be at home (in your home office) to complete the process. The reason for this is that your computer and internet connection need to be assessed by the company before you’re considered for a job.
- You will receive an email confirmation once you send your online application. Processing will takes 10 business days, so expect to receive the company’s second email within that time frame.
- If you’re going to move forward through the hiring process, their second email will contain a link for your interview. For this, you will be interviewed by their hiring specialist.
- Don’t worry too much about the interview, it’s just the typical interview you’ll usually go through like you would for a regular job. However, be prepared with answers to commonly asked interview questions and impress them with your skills and qualifications for the job.
And, as with other company interviews, this will be your chance to ask them questions about the company and the position you're applying for.
- If you’re considered for a position, you will receive a job offer from Transcom Work At Home and at this point, the ball will be in your court. If you accept their offer, you’ll need to go through an onboarding process where they will do a criminal background check and ask for certain documents.
Transcom Work At Home Jobs Training
As a call center agent (or other position such as payroll administrator for example), you will be trained on how to do your job.
You’ll be working from home during training, so you’ll be attending a virtual classroom (sort of). Remember, your computer setup will include a webcam and a headset, so it's somewhat like a live training.
You’re actually required to participate in the discussions during the training. In fact, you should always be seen on your webcam. It’s also required that you attend each training day – these will be held at specific days and times.
The good news is that this is a paid training. Yes, you’ll be paid for the training hours you accomplish each day.
There are 2 basic requirements for working with Transcom Work At Home such as:
- You must be at least 18 years old to be considered for work.
- You must be eligible to work in your particular country/location.
You’ll see in the job description if your particular State/location is eligible to apply for work at Transcom Worldwide. These are the States most often included:
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
If you're looking for work in Canada, the most common provinces jobs are offered are:
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
I'm only speculating, but this could be because these are the provinces with the lowest relative cost of living.
As far as your home office is concerned, the following are required:
- Quiet/distraction-free environment – You should have a designated place or a room to do your Transcom Work At Home job. It should be somewhere where family members or pets can’t disturb you. You’re not allowed to have your cell phone with you and there shouldn’t be other distractions like TV or music. Just imagine the typical setup in a call center office – and that’s how it should be.
- Wired internet connection – They’re super strict about this, so WiFi won’t do.
Here are some additional notes with regards to their requirements:
- You need high speed internet as you will be handling calls.
- Your computer (desktop or laptop) should have Windows OS.
- Your computer accessories will include a webcam and a headset.
- You will be spending much of your day at a desk, so if possible, create a comfortable workspace. Have a proper chair with support and use a high-resolution monitor at eye level. Hunched over a laptop working on your coffee table or sitting on a hard kitchen chair all day will get old very fast.
Transcom Work At Home Jobs
As a call center agent, your job will usually be in customer service or technical support. You can expect the following as part of your daily routine:
- Take phone calls.
- Assist/help clients over the phone.
- Troubleshoot issues until resolved.
- Provide an overall pleasant customer experience.
For your working hours, this will be discussed with you during the hiring process. However, expect changes and different shifts as this will depend on the clients’ needs.
Having said that, if what you're looking for is not a job or commitment, but just a simple way to make a few extra bucks in your spare time, online survey sites might be the thing you're after.
Market research companies like Survey Junkie are a simple way to get paid for your opinion. Inbox Dollars is another site that pays you for doing things you may be doing online anyway. Things like searching the web, watching videos and visiting websites.
They don't pay a regular wage like Transcom of course, and they certainly won't make you rich. But, if you've never made money online before, they can be a good place to start.
For something that still pays well but offers a little more freedom and independence, an online business may be what you're looking for.
Making money from home might be something you need because of medical issues, children to look after, or maybe you're just tired of working for a boss.
If that’s the case, knowing how (and where) to get started is what you need in order to get what you want.
Transcom WorldWide Salaries
Your salary will depend on your job position, of course. I found some salary information on Glassdoor.com and it seems that minimum wage or slightly better are common. Of course, depending on where you live, the salary may or may not be suitable.
Transcom pays their employees every 2 weeks and you can either opt for direct deposit or use a debit card (upon request).
As a Transcom Work At Home employee, they will deduct taxes from your paycheck. You’ll also get a W-2 or T4 slip at the end of the year.
Transcom Work At Home Reviews and Complaints
As with any company, I found both good and bad reviews.
Those that gave good Transcom reviews typically had these things to say:
- Pay is good – These are from people who are satisfied with their salaries.
- Hours are good – They’re happy with their schedules.
- Comfortable clothes – You can wear whatever you want in your home office.
- No need to commute – There’s no stress or cost of commuting.
- Great people – This feedback is from people who were blessed to have nice team leaders and superiors.
See image below for some Glassdoor.com reviews...
Here's another review found on their Facebook page...
For the negative reviews, the most common complaints are:
- Low pay – Pay is subjective and depending on where you live as well as your previous jobs/salaries, you may not be as impressed by the pay as others.
- Work load – Complaints about work loads are usually from people who don’t think their salaries are worth the amount of work they are doing. The same could be said for most jobs (online or offline). Not all... but most.
- Strict attendance – According to some of the reviews I found, you can get fired from being absent from work (even if you have a valid excuse).
See the screenshot below of a negative review found on their Facebook page...
In my opinion, all the above reviews and comments are fair (both the good and the bad). But I also think these are the sentiments in most call centers. They’re strict with attendance because they need a certain number of people to handle calls.
And call centers are known for their relatively high workloads and low pay. This is not unique to Transcom.
Some days your job may be easy with pleasant customers who are respectful. Other days may be difficult and suffocating, with rude customers and excessive demands.
As for the working schedule, remember, most companies today have customers from all over the world, so more often than not, they need to operate 24/7. If this is the case for a particular client, Transcom may need to rotate their employees to cover inconvenient shifts throughout the day.
What I Like About Transcom Work At Home
- Working from home means not having to travel to and from work every day. Less stress and less cost.
- Transcom Work At Home pay is fair (around or above minimum). And, if you think about the time and money you save for not having to commute, buy expensive lunches or office clothes... it adds up.
- Many positive reviews and it’s a bonus if you like the people you’re working with (especially your immediate superior because you’ll be directly reporting to him/her).
- You’ll be dealing with fewer co-workers.
- There are employee benefits (health, dental, vacations, etc.).
What I Don't Like
- Your schedule is not as flexible as some work-at-home gigs because you’re still working as a regular employee.
- They’re very strict with attendance.
- It can be very stressful to deal with angry customers (for many hours in a day).
- You can only use a Windows computer.
Where Do You Go From Here?
If you’re tired of the typical job scene, dealing with traffic and people you don't get along with, Transcom Worldwide is worth checking out. It’s legit, not a scam, and it pays fair (not great, but fair.
And, you’ll be working for them as an employee, not a contractor. So, you’ll also get the usual benefits given to regular employees.
What you won't get though, is a flexible schedule as Transcom work at home employee. You’ll need to be the flexible one as you abide by their shift schedules.
The biggest difference with your situation as a Transcom worker is not the freedom and independence associated with doing your job at home, but rather the stability of a regular job while also being at home.
And while the hours you work won't give you more time to do the things love (like spending time with family), the time you save not having to get ready for and commute to a typical job will.
If it's more flexibility and freedom you're looking for though, and maybe a higher earning potential, Transom may be a stepping stone, but not necessarily your final destination.
You might be a single parent at home for example or have potential health challenges that make a regular job difficult. Maybe you just hate working for someone else altogether.
If that's the case, an online business is what you want.
With all the scams and schemes out there though, knowing how and where to get started the right way is what you need in order to get what you want.
Or maybe you're just looking for an easy way to make some "end-of-the-month" pocket money. Online survey and get-paid-to sites are good way to get started if you just want something simple that doesn't stray too far from your comfort zone.
They won't make you rich, but if you've never made money online before, they can be a good first step to bigger things down the road like (as mentioned above) an online business.
Careers at Transcom can be found here.
Thanks again for stopping by. I hope my Transcom Work At Home review has been helpful and if you have any comments, questions, or experience with Transcom, please share in the comments section below.